14 January 2020
TROX has developed a new measurement method and a new type of damper blade for air handling units that even works for low air flows. The TVE unit is compact and saves energy.
Type TVE VAV terminal units apply a new measurement principle as the volume flow rate is measured not with a probe or sensor, but by means of the damper blade itself. This innovative design allows for a reduction in length and helps to ensure precise measurement results even in the case of unfavourable upstream conditions; with dynamic measurement, this is even independent of the airflow direction.
The new damper blade is part of the new VAV terminal units, Type TVE.
- Works perfectly even with unfavourable upstream conditions
- The relation between damper blade position and differential pressure is stored as a characteristic relationship in the controller
- Higher measurement accuracy even with low airflow velocities from 0.5m/s
- Nominal sizes of 100, 125, 160, 200, 250mm
- Volume flow rates of 14-2300m³/h (4-640 l/s)
- Volume flow rate range of 1:25
- Choice of static or dynamic transducer
- Available with Easy controller, Compact controller or Modbus RTU variant for connection to the central BMS
- Airflow direction is not critical if dynamic measurement is used
- Release button on control component allows for easy replacement of the component