COMBIFLOW 6-way Pressure Independent Control Valve provides complete pressure independent balancing and control for 4-pipe heating and cooling systems. The system combines Frese 6-way valve technology with its PICV technology to provide a compact, energy saving system suitable for a wide flow range.
This solution allow engineers to reduce some of the complexity in 4-pipe heating and cooling systems by minimizing the number of required valve components.
Integrating the differential pressure controller in the valve results in fewer connection points, which minimizes potential leakage problems. With one actuator, only one data point to the building’s BMS is required.
Frese COMBIFLOW 6-way is designed to cover a wide flow range.
- 6-way valve technology with PICV technology
- Compact pressure independent balancing and control system for heating and cooling systems
- Minimizes the number of required valve components
- Designed to cover a wide flow range
- Energy saving capabilities
- Low pressure resulting in significant pump energy savings
COMBIFLOW 6-way provides modulating control, which works independently of any variations in the differential pressure of the system. The valve is controlled by a rotating actuator with MODBUS control. The MODBUS actuator provides an individually programming of the cooling and heating flow.
COMBIFLOW 6-way can be used in 4-pipe systems, such as:
- Heating and cooling ceilings
- Decentralised ventilation units
- Fan coil systems
- Convection heating & cooling units
- Patented 6-way PICV technology with integrated DP controller in the 6-way valve, which is capable of switching between cooling and heating and with no need for a second valve for pressure independent modulation
- The MODBUS pre-setting function of the 6-way PICV allows full individually setting of both the cooling and the heating flow
- The constant differential pressure across the modulating control component of the 6-way PICV guarantees 100% authority
- Dynamic balancing eliminates overflows, regardless of fluctuating pressure conditions in the system
- Achieves high flows with minimal required differential pressure due to advanced design of the PICV
- Ultra-high KVS value on the 6-way valve to provide minimal pressure loss
- Only one valve for both 6-pipe connection and pressure independent modulation with fewer connection points and less risk of leakages
- Only one data point for the BMS needed
- One valve covers a wide flow range
- Complete solution. No balancing valves required in the system
- Simple and efficient flushing due to removable DPcartridge resulting in no flow limitation when flushing the system
- Energy saving through optimum pressure independent flow limitation and regulation
- Remote flow setting via MODBUS connection to the BMS
- Modulating control for both cooling and heating
- Low pressure loss resulting in significant pump energy savings
- No time-consuming commissioning required
- Safety function closes the modulating valve if the external input signal is lost