A prefabricated packaged plantroom was manufactured and delivered to the refurbished offices at Radio House on St Andrews Road, Cambridge.
The plantroom was designed to supply heating, chilled water, and hot and cold water to different areas of the building. The plantroom measured 7500mm long x 3900mm wide x 3000mm high and contained the following equipment:
- 3 No. gas-fired boilers each with an output of 678.6kW
- 400 litre gas-fired hot water heater
- 4 No. twin-head low temperature hot water circulating pumps
- 3 No. single-head chilled water secondary circulating pumps
- Aingle-head hot water supply return circulating pump
- Low temperature hot water pressurisation unit complete with a 500 litre expansion vessels
- Chilled water twin pump pressurisation unit complete with 80 litre expansion vessel
All the internal pipework was insulated with mineral wool insulation and finished with Isogenopak up to 2000mm above finished floor level and relevant labelling and identification.
The plantroom was manufactured at the Constant Air Systems works in High Wycombe then craned onto a lorry, transported to site and from there lifted into position.