The Type SKY-1M ventilator provides smoke, heat and exhaust ventilation along with natural daylighting. The clear cover allows natural daylight into the building while an automatic sliding mechanism can open it to the fire position within 60 seconds.
- Provides natural daylight and smoke ventilation protection
- 1m2 clear vent area
- Unique sliding cover design
- No wind deflectors required for smoke ventilation
- Rigid PVC frame with external metal profiles
- Overlapping weathertight design
- Fully insulated upstand
- Smooth and controlled motion with low voltage actuator
- 10-year product warranty / 2-year motor warranty
- Dome tested for impact resistance to EN1873 Class SB1200
- Security glass classified 2(B)2 according to EB 12600:2004
- Operation of the cover not affected by temperature
- U-value 1.02 W/m²K
The vent is operated through a 24V DC battery-backed control system that opens the vent using a single rotating actuator mounted on a sliding carriage. The vent opens to the fire open position (180 degrees) within 60 seconds.
The smoke ventilator is pre-assembled, supplied and installed by Bilco UK Ltd. It can be installed with a fixed vertical ladder to provide access to the roof area, eg for maintenance.
The cover is a double-layer thermoformed polycarbonate dome assembled on a fully welded PVC frame, in which a double-layer security glass is inserted. An extruded EPDM rubber gasket ensures a continuous seal when compressed in the front and in the back of the vent.
The curb is made of double-layer (internal and external) polyester resin reinforced with fiberglass. It is formed with a 150mm flange with 9mm holes for securing to the roof deck. It has a 60mm extruded polyurethane insulation.
Polycarbonate - clear finish
Glass - clear finish
PVC profiles - white
Metal profiles - white powder coating
Upstand - white
Internal: 1000 x 1500mm
External: 1300 x 1800mm
Custom sizes can also be manufactured on request.