A prefabricated packaged plantroom was manufactured and delivered to the new offices in Gatwick Road, Crawley.
The plantroom was designed to supply heating, chilled water, hot and cold water to different areas of the building.
The plantroom measured 12,000mm long x 3,900mm wide x 3,000mm high and contained the following equipment:
- 2 No. Gas fired boilers
- 2 No. Single head low temperature hot water circulating pumps
- 2 No. Single head hot water supply primary circulating pumps
- A single head hot water supply return circulating pumps
- 2 No. Single head chilled water circulating pumps.
- A low temperature hot water pressurisation unit complete with two 800 litre expansion vessels.
- A chilled water twin pump pressurisation unit complete with a 100 litre expansion vessel.
- 2 No. 800 litre copper lined buffer vessel each with a 500 litre expansion vessel
- 2 No. Hot water supply plate heat exchangers
- 2 No. Single head plater heat secondary shunt pumps
All the internal pipework was insulated with Mineral Wool insulation and finished with Isogenopak up to 2000mm above finished floor level and relevant labelling and identification.
The plantroom was manufactured at the Constant Air Systems works in High Wycombe then craned onto lorries, transported to site and from there they were lifted into position.