CAS designed and manufactured a prefabricated packaged plantroom for a new Waitrose store in Guildford.
The final solution featured the following services:
- 2 x gas-fired boilers, each with an output of 200kW and each with an 8-litre expansion vessel.
- 2 x single-head boiler shunt pumps.
- A twin-head LTHW secondary circulating pump.
- 4 x single-head chilled water circulating pumps.
- A single-head HWS circulating pump.
- A single-head cold water booster pump.
- 2 x 400-litre hot water service calorifiers.
- A LTHW pressurisation unit, complete with a 300-litre expansion vessel.
- A chilled water pressurisation unit, complete with a 200 litre expansion vessel.
- A 230-litre hot water heater with an unvented kit, comprising of combined reducing valve / strainer, check valve, expansion valve, expansion vessel, temperature / pressure relief valve and tundish.
- Controls, lighting / emergency lighting and small power.
- Internal drainage.
The finished plant room was 6.2m long x 3.8m wide x 3.0m high.