Three prefabricated packaged plantrooms were manufactured and delivered to a secured data centre in Lambeth, London.
The first plantroom was designed for a chilled water system which measured 3800 (w) x 8880 (l) x 2900mm (h) and contained the following equipment:
- 8 No. chilled water circulating pumps
- 1 No. pressurisation unit complete with 4 No. 500 litre vertical expansion vessels
- 1 No. 6 litre dosing pot
The second plantroom was designed for a hot water system which measured 4200 (w) x 6780 (l) x 2760mm (h) and contained the following equipment:
- 2 No. hot water primary circulating pumps
- 2 No. domestic secondary return pumps (one spare)
- 3 No. 3000 litre vertical calorifiers complete with 2 No. 750 litre vertical expansion vessels
The third plantroom was design for a cold water storage system which measured 5380 (w) x 7980 (l) x 2900mm (h) and contained the following equipment:
- 1 No. booster set (three head)
- 1 No. 4000 litre sectional cold water storage tank
- 1 No. chlorine dioxide system
- 1 No. water softener
All the internal pipework was insulated with foil-faced mineral wool insulation and finished with hammerclad aluminium and relevant labelling and identification.
The plantrooms were manufactured at the Constant Air Systems works in High Wycombe then craned onto lorries, transported to site and from there they were lifted into position.