Trigon packages from Hamworthy integrate highly efficient solar thermal heating into traditional heating and hot water systems for commercial applications.
- Optimised use of solar energy
- Pre-programmed schemes for easy set-up
- Proven low-carbon solution
- The Trigon solar system components include:
- Highly efficient horizontal or vertical flat plate collectors
- Sloping on-roof or A frame for flat roof array mounting kits
- Single or dual aspect fields
- Modular array mounting kits
- Solar transfer stations with standard or advanced controllers
- Heat metering options
- Powerstock calorifiers
- Powerstock storage tanks
- Dorchester direct-fired water heaters
Trigon solar hot water solutions offer choice in the integration of solar energy into commercial hot water systems.
Trigon solar hot water systems are designed for integration with the Hamworthy Powerstock twin-coil calorifiers, to provide solar duty domestic hot water (DHW) in systems where one coil in a Powerstock calorifier is fed by the solar circuit and one is fed by hot water from an auxiliary heat source such as a condensing boiler.
Alternatively, it can be used in two–stage DHW systems where, in the first stage, the solar circuit feeds both calorifier coils (with both coils linked in series) to produce the solar pre-heated cold water feed for input to a second stage of DHW heaters using Dorchester water heaters or further Powerstock calorifiers to generate the duty DHW output.
All Trigon systems profit from “free” solar energy whenever feasible. The more the calorifier is heated by solar energy, the less energy from other means is required to satisfy the heat demand at the DHW output, and so the greater the saving in fossil fuel, and carbon reduction.
As with all Hamworthy products we can work with the customer from the outset of a solar project; as well as 9 pre-defined schemes for ease of design and installation, solar energy calculations can be completed alongside a sizing and performance report with each quotation to ensure the correct solution is deployed for each application.