The ability to economically heat and cool buildings, whilst considering the environmental impact, is becoming more and more important. This is especially so in large spaces such as offices, warehouses, sports centres, retail outlets, schools and hospitals where energy use is high.
A range of options are available when choosing heating and cooling systems, however, one that is often overlooked and perhaps not so readily understood, is radiant heating and cooling.
The Radiant cooling and heating CPD from Zehnder examines the technology further and examines the benefits the systems can offer, including:
- An understanding of radiant heat and how it works.
- How resultant/perceived temperature affects us.
- The features and benefits offered by using radiant heating.
- Comparisons between radiant and convective systems.
- How radiant panels are made: both established methods and new technologies.
- Their performance and the applicable specification.
- Applicable radiant reaction times.
- Basic systems design considerations.
- An understanding of good and bad practices.
- The concept and technicalities of radiant cooling.
- Considerations for enhancing our projects when using radiant panels.