Contour has developed a specialist range of radiator guards designed to reduce the risk of potential ligature and tamper opportunities in secure environments such as NHS or private mental health facilities, prisons and other secure custody services.
Contour's latest anti-Ligature guard designs incorporate a grille using 2mm diameter holes at 4mm centres, set in a triangular formation, punched directly into the body of the guard. This removes the need for a separately welded mesh in the body of the guard.
- Contour anti-ligature grilles exceed IP3X standards (BS EN 60529). These tests confirm that the ingress of items greater than 2.5mm is impossible.
- Contour anti-ligature radiator covers are fitted with internal fixings so that there are no exposed access or ligature points.
- To avoid injury all Contour anti-ligature radiator covers are designed with radius corners to minimise risks in the case of a service user falling against a unit.
- All Contour anti-ligature radiator covers are finished with a coating of BioCote® anti-microbial additives to improve hygiene by permanently inhibiting the growth of bacteria, extending the lifetime of the radiator cover.
- Anti-ligature radiator covers are one-piece constructions that can be installed on site quickly and seamlessly to minimise disruption to your environment.
- Anti-ligature TRV shrouds
- A range of security fastenings – including pin-hex locks
- Anti-ligature base plates
DeepClean™ Extra IP3x anti-ligature radiator guard
The DeepClean™ Extra IP3x is a new anti-ligature radiator guard that overcomes the safety issues that can be raised by installation on uneven walls, whilst still allowing easy full internal access for cleaning and maintenance. Learn more about this innovative new guard.
Extending Contour’s anti-ligature radiator solutions, a range of other security fittings and fixtures have also been engineered, including ceiling grilles.