572 (W) x 572 (L) x 200mm (D)
Launched in autumn 2017, Artus™ is a hybrid air conditioning system that is designed to save energy, money and space. Designed and developed in the UK in partnership with Arup, Artus™ provides fan coil unit (FCU) performance and flexibility, with the low energy consumption of a chilled beam, enhancing office comfort via swirl air distribution, eliminating unwanted draughts.
A smarter, smaller approach to air conditioning
A fully packaged system, Artus™ has a specific fan power of 0.08 watts / litres / second, 66% less than comparable ‘best in class’ FCUs. Artus™ delivers smaller, clearer service zones, reducing storey heights and requiring no secondary ductwork making it accessible from below.
Artus™ provides a new approach to traditional air conditioning for comfort-based applications. This advanced hybrid system combines the performance and flexibility of a fan coil unit (FCU), with the low energy performance of a chilled beam, without any of the associated drawbacks.
Artus™ is designed to improve working environments, enhancing office comfort and employee experience.
- Addresses: energy efficiency, draughts and dead spots, space claim of secondary ductwork, unit footprint, cluttered ceiling void services, and restrictive access for maintenance and installation.
- Saves energy: with a fan power of 0.08 watts / litre / second, it uses one third of the energy consumption of a comparable ‘best in class’ fan coil unit.
- Saves money: as a fully packaged system, there is no cost increase compared with a standard AC system. More affordable than a standard FCU, once diffusers, secondary ductwork, BMS controller, controls valves, and pipework are considered.
- Saves space: at 572 (W) x 572 (L) x 200mm (D), Artus™ is 43% more compact than conventional FCUs providing a smaller, clearer service zone, saving 300mm on the height of each storey.
- Perfect air distribution: delivers air in a swirl pattern, without the use of guide vanes creating a draught-free environment, resulting in excellent thermal coverage in both cooling and heating modes, maximising comfort levels.
- Function and form: clean, design-led aesthetics. Perforated bottom fascia available in multiple designs providing virtually invisible, seamless integration into ceiling designs.
- Hassle-free maintenance: all component access is provided from below the unit via a drop-down fan plate.
Marks & Spencer (M&S) Big Innovation – Winner
Artus™ is already being recognised for its innovation and efficiency, having been selected as a winner in the Ecobuild and M&S ‘Big Innovation Pitch’ in March 2017.