Kingspan's KW3 wind turbine stands out from other small scale wind turbines due to its unique blade and hinge design which allows it to regulate its rotational speed, maximising output. As the wind increases the blades pitch and cone, protecting the turbine and allowing continual operation during the fiercest of storms.
KW3 is the result of over 30 years research and development and born from a global installed fleet size in excess of 800 – including the world's largest rural off-grid fleet in The Falkland Islands through to specialist installations in Asia, Europe, North America, offshore oil platforms and the global telecoms sector.
- Peak Power: 3.2kW
- Voltages Available: 48V DC – 300V DC
- Grid Connection Options: Single / Dual / Three phase
- Rotor: 3.8m diameter, 300RPM at Rated Power
- Generator Type : Brushless Direct Drive Permanent Magnet
- Tower Height: 6.5m / 11m (Flange Bolted/Taper Fit Monopole - hydraulic options available)
- Foundation Type: Pad / Root / Rock anchor options
- Cut In Speed: 3,0 m/s
- Cut Out Speed: None - continuous operation
- Warranty: 5 years